Friday, March 07, 2008

For You, A Thousand Time Over......

I just watched The Kite Runner, bought the dvd earlier tonight. Most of the scene are the same as in the book. Somehow, the scenes in the movie are more sad than the book. Maybe because the words were said rather than written so it's more real. I cried during the first scene where Hassan and Amir was waiting for the kite where they had the conversation about eating the dirt. I burst into tears when Hassan shouted 'For you, a thousand times over' to chase the kite for Amir. And I wept everytime I see Hassan's face. I feel for him. The Kite Runner is THE movie to watch. Heh! I don't care if I sound bias. Oh! Better read the book first as the movie will be more meaningful. The emotional journey is so overwhelming.

I'm heartbroken that Hassan never get to meet Amir after he left. I want him to at least get a result out of Amir. I'm heartbroken for the fact that he never get to know who his father really is. I'm heartbroken for the reality that a good man may never truly have the good life he deserve.

There is a way to be good again.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really lost it when Amir read the letter, what with the flashbacks of young Hassan holding the kite. I had tears in my eyes, I could barely see the screen! I watched it at the cinema during the day and there was only less than 10 of us I think, sekalinya everyone came out with puffy eyes. The guys pun! hehehe. Great movie, yes?

Anonymous said...

oh and time traveller's wife? nope. belum ku baca. they're making it into a movie jua. the screenplay is written by the same guy who's doing my sister's keeper. haha. just a bit of extra info. he wrote The Notebook too (the screenplay).

Craven said...

Oh yes, the flashback where Hassan was running on the field. My favorite and most tearful scene was the 'for you, a thousand times over' of Hassan chasing the last kite. Emotionally draining wah, but d movie was great. It did the book justice huh! Hehe