Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Truly Blessed: A Heartfelt Tribute

Sometimes my blog seems to be a channel for me to release all my anger and frustration as well as other bitter dark issues. What the readers might failed to notice (and I wasn't doing a very good job at that probably) is that I am blessed with loving family and friends.

There is a truth, when one do good deeds, good things will come their way. I know sometimes I let out my frustration of being unappreciated, unnoticed or something along that way, but the past couple of weeks has been a real eye opener. I get rewarded in a way that I never thought can happen.

As obvious as it was, I had one great birthday this year. It was as if I am somebody to everyone. Maybe I am, maybe not. But it was a nice gesture. A very heartfelt and beautiful gesture.

First, there was the first advanced celebration on 14th december. Minx baked a cheesecake, which was a very thoughtful of her. It was not a grand celebration but it didn't matter really, did it?

Then, on the 21st itself, again I was surprised with a birthday cake by the Kiranas during futsal. Again, it's not the degree of the celebration that matters but the thoughts behind it.

Later, that evening, I celebrated my birthday with the family, the whole clans from my mother's side. Had three cakes and I was showered with lots of hugs and kisses from my little cousins. Never have I felt so loved that day.

And then, come last night, 24th Dec. I thought I was just having a normal sisha-ing session with Tee and Nora when Minx and the rest of the girls and boy stood behind me for a good 10 seconds before I turned around. My final birthday surprise, as the closing ceremony. It was really really unexpected and I was very very stunned. It showed on my face, as I was told. Made me wear a lei around my neck, and a Santa hat as well. The great party was held in the private lounge and by the end of it, I couldn't believe it still. Takes time to sink in I guess. Unbelivable really to go through such trouble just for me. But as I said, it come unexpected at the least time expected. That was the most beautiful about it I must say.

I thank all my family and friends for kicking start my 27th year of life with love and more love. Special love and appreciation to my family especially my mother for always making us the centre of her universe. I also owe it to Minx for the thoughtfulness and efforts she put into the three separate occasions. Thanks for making it a blast. Thanks also to Tee, Nora, Hana, Erda, GRudy, Pye, Antz, Didi, Sufar and the Kiranas. I'll always remember this for the rest of my life.

Everybody is a somebody to someone.......

No comments: