Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Other Face of Hope......

A small bird got stuck in my car's wiper this afternoon. It was raining as it was lately and I was on my way to training when it flew straight ahead and I heard a clear thump! Next thing I know, there was a bird stuck in the wiper. I decided to continue driving and rescue the bird once I reached my destination.

It was barely breathing and didn't respond at all when I tucked her (Yes! I decided it's a her) in my attempt of bird's bed using thick sheets of tissue and plastic bag. The others joked that she suffered internal injuries and only counting her minutes to die. When I checked on her after my game, expecting it dead although I so believed she would survive, she was gone. It's only after a few minutes later that I saw her flying merrily on the high ceiling of the hall. What worries me now is that she'll never find her way out. That the only thing she know is the way up without realising there's an exit down below.

So what have I learnt today? I've learnt that no matter how bad an event had hurt you (physically or emotionally), given enough effort and belief, we will manage through the horrid hours and rise up high once again. And for many other times as a matter of fact.

Secondly, no matter how much people condemn you and your beliefs, you are the only one who's capable of failing yourself and abandoning your will.

Thirdly, birds also suffer from hypothermia. All they need to recover is a warm blanket and a loving hand.

And finally, birds has no wipers to clear away the rain and so is advisable for them not to fly in rainy days.

Spread your wings and fly........

No comments: