Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Re-Stricted

I'm officially the worst students' nightmare. I quoted a colleague 'I think you are the strictest one, look at the grades you gave' Another colleague was shaking his head when he looked at the same grades and uttered 'GILA'. Well I'm not talking about exam grades plang I'm talking about personal inter-skills grades that we assess the students by observation and few other things. The same person also said 'Be LENIENT!!!' when he handed me my papers after the exam. When I come to think about it, if I were to have a lecturer like myself, I'll hate him/her for sure. Then again, its not like I wanted to give them low grades on purpose I'm assessing them on what I think they deserved. And somehow others think they deserve better. SiGh!! This is the donwside of having different lecturers assessing the same skills. Some students can easily score with one lecturer but not the other. I reckons that if my students were assessed by a different lecturer they might have a higher marks. Oh well, I was being honest when I was assessing them so thats okay. Humph!! How can we make everyone happy?

I'm enjoying the weather for the past few days. Its been awesome!! Haha so much reminds me of UK. I love the cold, don't know why. I'm just plain weird. The office is freakingly cold which really adds to the winter atmosphere I'm enjoying at the moment. And the view outside my window are just perfect. Green trees against the darken skies. Perfecto!! What's missing is my hot latte. Hmm!

The girls and I (and man!) are going swimming (and snorkeling) later after work. Haha! This should be interesting. Let's just hope there aren't a lot of people so there'll be little embarrasment. Kweng! Kweng! I need to go hiking one of these days, I'm getting so unfit. I'm so unfit that I'm going to crawl my way out of this post. Dragg.................

Do you know the real story or do you prefer the lies??

No comments: