Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Conversation One Afternoon

"I think....all the things that have happened were meant for us to end up here. This is as far as it gets"

"No further?"

"Nothing more"

"I don't know......."

"I do still appreciate you, our history, the present and future. It will be our keeping. It will always be the same if we let it be"

"I'm not sure if it will be...."

"It will be. I promise"

"I fear that you will ignore me...."

"If you were not you, I probably would, but you are already a significant part of me."

"I think you could, but you wouldn't"

"Shutting you out of my life is simply unimaginable. I don't think I can manage that myself"

"You remembered what I told you about obligations?"

"What's your point?"

"Maybe this is our obligation, to have this whatever is it now that we are experiencing, to be where we are now"

"You seem sure"

"We just have to trust what feels right. It does, doesn't it?"

No comments: