Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Obsession...

Us, human, are too obsess with everything. We are too obsess with love, money, career, life and many other things. We are too obsess that we forgot how to live. We are too obsess to live that we forgot how to feel alive.

I know I am obsess with many things. And I know some of you know why I'm talking about this. The Zahir by Paulo Coelho. All I can say about the book is, it's so true! Anyway, I finished reading the book and there are many lessons to learn. I won't do the whole book review thing cos it's better if you read it yourself.

Anyhow, back to what I'm trying to say here is I learn that I am obsess with many thing one of which is something which I initially thought as being determined. I am obsess with getting control over everything I do, or everything that involves me. I get frustrated when things doesn't go my way. And I often wonder why? At one stage I thought it was karma but it is not exactly that. I do good things and I don't get the reward I expected.

And it's only recently I learnt that I can not expect to be fully rewarded. I am not the judge of my own effort. That is why I often find myself frustrated with almost everything.

So this is my take. In order to be content with everything, I need to look deep within me and start from the heart. It is the only way for this lesson to be purely learnt. It is always when we fully expect something that we get dissapointed. I'm not saying that we can not have full expectations on things. What I'm trying to say is that we have to be ready, to be content with things forthcoming no matter what they bring.

Time, has a game of its own.........

No comments: