"When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meager and unsatisfactory kind: It may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely, in your thoughts, advanced to the stage of science."
Lord Kelvin
Since I started my day indulging myself in reading a lime green thermo book I thought I'll start today's post science related as well. So a brief introduction about Kelvin whose real name was Will Thompson, no he is not the underwear designer. Haha! underwear designer lagi tu eh ..superficial! Anyway, he introduced the Kelvin temperature scale, where his Zero Degree Kelvin which is also called the absolute zero is a theoretical temperature where all molecules stop moving/vibrating, whatever they are doing. To give you a fair idea, this zero Degree Kelvin equals to -273.15 Degree Celcius. So by Kelvin's term, water freeze at 273.15 Degree Kelvin and boils at 373.15 d.K (273.15 + 100) since the temperature scale is the same as in Celcius. Ayte!
Looks like I'm gonna end it the same way.............
Thursday, February 22, 2007
How To Start A Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment