Saturday, February 10, 2007

My Pain My Game

16th February 2005 was the first time I got myself inflicted with a serious injury that put a halt in my sporting activities. A week before that I picked up a strained calf during football training. Being as arrogant and determined..or maybe just plain arrogant, I ignored the pain and played even in a training match against the guys a day before the 16th. Then the pain got worse...painfully worse and so I decided it needed a rest and worked really hard to make it well again. Come the 16th, in the morning, the muscle feels much better..like brand new. And I thought "Ahhhh..the ice made its wonder..i can play tonight" Nightfall, we were warming up for our first ever friendly and we were doing a short 50% sprint when I heard something snapped. I couldn't feel the strength in my left leg and it made me stop running. Next thing I knew I was limping with this painful painful pain on my left calf. It felt as if its been stabbed and the knife is still sticking out of it. I spent the rest of the night sitting on the grass watching my team mates trashed the opponent 6-0.

I torn 50% of my calf muscle as the doctor diagnosed the next day. Underwent treatment and physiotherapy for it. Took a whole 2 months to get the full strength on the left leg back and didn't even hit the field until after 3 months. Which was in time for the JIS tournament which I was selected. Then I heard another snap while playing in one of the group matches. This time, it was my right calf and I found myself lying on the pitch to everyone's pleasuring view. The injury was not as worse as the first one but still went through some treatment and physio for less than a couple of months. Even then didn't managed to get full recovery for both leg until around September.

Then come yesterday, when I twisted my left ankle during handball. Didn't seem that bad but it sure did feel like it. Stupid yours truly did some walking and light jog to make the ankle fully functioned again. Stupid move!! I felt a jerking force halfway having dinner and now I keep having them every hour or so. Going to the GP will be totally useless, all the have to say is to rest it. Which is true plang but don't you have any other thing to offer?? Might go to the sports clinic on monday if the pain continues. I remember Peng twisted her right ankle the first time which is the same as my current case and she had to go through treatment and physio as well for about 2 months. But I don't think mind is as bad. Or is it? Hahahaha! Oh well!!

The first time I twisted my right ankle was during the university game and didn't get a full recovery until after three months. Even then, my ankle cap was invisible and it got unstable after a while. Thank to one Filipino masseur, I got my ankle cap back. She was talking to me during the massage and suddenly she went mad and twist my ankle back to its original position. Huahua! My ankle cap was back in place. But still didn't recover from the painful massage for couple of weeks after that. God thing my ankle cap is still visible on this left one. So it should be ok.

Wano is sleeping over tonight. Gonna play Risk all night long later with the sibs. Yeahooo! Saturday night spend at home is way much better sometimes.

Sometimes you wish you never did....................

No comments: