I Stepped Back
So today I stand here unsure of what tomorrow will bring
As I reminisce over time, I realize one thing
I can't go back and do over what I've done
I can only relish over the battles I've won
and regret the skirmishes I've lost
Sometimes giving pride as the cost
But in my mind
I rewind the time
To when I knew nothing of the strife
When I was ignorantly innocent to life
But now that I know I'm stuck where I don't wanna be
In the unescapable hustle and bustle inside of me
I thought I knew everything, like the world was in the palm of my hand.
Now I step back to realize
I really don't understand.
Simone Senior
Copyright ©2007 Simone Senior
-----------------------------------------------------
I'm Not Ready When You Are
I'm not what you think, I can't be the person
You want me to be. The main reason is
I'm just not ready, I need time to heal
I feel in my heart that being alone is better
Maybe not to you, but if you love me
Like you say you do you will understand
Emotions are just too strong, resentment and hurt
Holding this inside is breaking my heart
It hurts so bad, I feel so much pressure
Deep inside its wanting to push through out in the open.
Stronger and stronger it gets
Everyday, harder and harder the pain throbs
Trying to think of a way to let it out
But so scared, so scared of your reaction.
Don't want to hurt you.
I feel stuck,
Stuck in a position that I can't get out of
It's not going to be easy for both of us.
But it has to be done one way or another
I'm unhappy and you will be too
If we continue this we both hurt more in the end.
Kate Stevens
Copyright ©2007 Kate Alicia Kemper
-----------------------------------------------------
Time Is a Deception
Time is a deception
We are all waiting endlessly for eternity
We are trapped in our veils;
Masked innocence; eludes the ever unspoken word
We want to be a part of an exclusive; destiny of men,
Who trod onwards towards oblivion
Our aloneness is inevitable
The fate of the moment leaps forward;
Backwards we grasp an illusion
of veiled innocence
Innocence in time is the ever ending
personification of our dreams,
We are eternal extensions of our time;
Framed in tattered tears
Of self doubt
We continue to strive
For a more perfect self
Illusions are past
With the history of time.
Alan L. Robinson
Copyright ©2007 Alan L. Robinson
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Poet's Life IV
Classified in:
SadePoetic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment