Monday, December 04, 2006

Down Memory Lane..

The Brunei National Hockey League prize presentation ceremony was held yesterday, at the national hockey stadium. I wasn't there. The Lionesses told me it was boring, I didn't miss much except maybe I'd be missing in all the photos of that event. Heh! Schmuck!!

Had lunch with the Lionesses tadi, I haven't seen them for a weeks and already they seemed to have the holidays planned. We might have a beach gathering this weekend, which happens to coincide with another beach gathering which I'm also a part of. Managed to convince them to have it at the same place, if they were to have it this weekend. Or else, I'll have to go with the other gang for our beach gathering since we already have it all planned out since weeks. Next week, they are planning to go to Temburong to fish and prawn (fishing and prawning! Haha antam) and enjoy kampong life. Will have to think first, if I'll join them or not, but it sounds great plang...to escape hectic urban life and opt for a quiet and simple one even for a day. It'll be nice, to wake up to the birds chirping their morning songs, to bath in the cold fresh water, to wallow in the fresh air of the forests.......sounds like paradise.

I remember when I participated in a science camp back in 95, also in Temburong, they were participants from other countries as well. I enjoyed every moments of it, we did different activities and made a lot of friends. On the first day, we had to walk about 2 km to our campsite, dragging our heavy luggage on the muddy road. We also had to cross the river and climb up the high bank where our campsite was. We had a lot of fun putting up our tents too, there were 6 of us in each camp, there were 2 'villages', one for the boys and another for the girls.

The first time we spent the night there, we never go to the toilet alone. Luckily, they had a real toilet contructed hehe so we didn't have to dig and do business. Every night day and night we will have different activities and I guess that bonded us the participants even closer. One fateful night, the rain was falling heavily that I woke up to a wet face, the rain was dripping exactly on me, the camp must be bubus somewhere. Since, it was in the middle of the night, I resorted to somewhere dry and went back to dreamland. In the morning, we woke up and went out of the camp, and me and my friends were like..eh why is it so different ah the place *looks around* Guess what? The camp next to us collapsed! Haha! And the human beings inside were still sleeping. Hahaha!! That was classic. Fortunately, camps are made from plastics and few light metals, most likely steel as its skeleton, and the beings trapped inside were found alive...SNORINGly alive. The tenants told us that they knew their camp collapsed but since it was dark and raining, they had no choise but to continue sleeping and wait til the morning. Good ol' days are priceless.

Typhoon Durian is bringing heavenly weather to blissful Brunei Darussalam. I'm so liking the weather lately, makes me miss UK, its gale and parks. The park, Platt Fields Park kah nama nya, God! I missed that park. It has become my sanctuary during those depressing days, a retreat from uni life, the eye of the hurricane of my troublesome life. I will always remember this one time, during exam season in the crispy cold winter, I went to that park, with tearful eyes and weary soul, drained from the physical life of my living. Hoping to find comfort in the arms of the alluring nature, and I did! The cold breeze, the swaying leaves, and the quacking ducks managed to ease me out of my tormented mind. Sitting there, blending in the natures, I closed my eyes and told myself that I'll always treasure that very moment, where I seek for comfort and found it. Its one of the beautiful moments in my life. SiGh!!

Take me to that place........

No comments: