Thursday, December 21, 2006

Poet's Life II

Thoughts Of Silence

Silent whispers flow through your mind
forever leaving their trace behind.
The mind runs wild so scarce and loose
where thoughts are stored till further use.
For what you see looks dark with fear
the shadowed view cannot be clear.
It borrows space which days once used
at night those dreams seem so confused.
Release your thoughts to cleanse your soul
to live your life in its sane role.
The test of strength and ties that bind
in time unfolds and will unwind.
The truth shall rise for all to see
those words were true to you from me.

Carmen T. Norris
Copyright ©2006 Carmen T. Norris

-----------------------------------------------------------------------


Farther than the moon

Great Music to get you through.
It's all that I love besides you.
I'll sit here in the dark.
Listening to those words that cure my heart.
I just wish you were here with me.
To just hold me and make me see.
That what I do is imaginary
that you really do love me.
The funny thing about love is ...
It comes in degrees.
It gets greater when teased.
Now, that I know this
will I find that one whom I please.
I hope so soon.
Because my love is farther now than the moon.

Michelle Patricia Clancy
Copyright ©2006 Michelle Patricia Clancy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------


Truth in the Eyes

She creates them to guard her like soldiers,
protecting her from the war of her past.
No one sees how she changes
like the frequent metamorphosis of clouds.
In her mind, life is only a stage;
her roles evolve to match each play.
As them, she doesn't have to be her;
she can disclaim the particle girl who resembles nothing.
Her name is simply a question;
her identity is a castaway ship impaired by tribulations.
In speculation that icy reality will soon find her,
she cloaks herself with a thick coat of pretense.
As she looks in the mirror
she pretends she is not
the truth in the eyes of her reflection.

Christina Terry
Copyright ©2006 Christina Terry

No comments: