Saturday, December 09, 2006

Poet's Life I

Moments In Time

Somewhere in our memories
We look back in our despair
Tracing through the etchings
Which time has held so dear

Searching for the rapture
Trials not so perplex
Elated by convention
Disregard as moments pass

Unwinding within pathways
Each fate as it unfolds
Inevitable boundaries

To each one, take their toll

Another epoch passes
Visions stored for thought
Unconsciously we're passing
Cherished moments time has brought

Sally Ann Zaccone Graffeo
Copyright ©2006 Sally Ann Zaccone Graffeo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going Out

Close the door behind you when you leave
and turn the key.
I shall stay here
in the dark for a while.
Or maybe a little longer.
I'll put my thoughts
in a small wooden box by the fire
and watch the flames
as they curl over
the three bars.
When you come back
I will be waiting.
Nothing will have changed
except for the small pile of ash
in the chair by the window
where you left me.

Natasha Haigh

Copyright ©2006 Natasha Haigh


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No Answers

I'm tired of trying to figure out
I'm sick of building my life's bridges
To reach the one's I care about most
Cause they're who I hurt the worst

I have no answers for the questions I can't forget
No answers for the questions I can't think
No answers to give myself,
No answers to give anyone else

What I need is what I can never have
What I get is what tears me inside
The harder I try, the harder it becomes
The more I try to correct my mistakes, the more I make

I have no answers for the questions everyone asks
No answers for the questions I should ask
No answers for you and no answers for me

Jeremy Brock
Copyright ©2006 Jeremy Brock


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: