"WHOOTTT!!!" was my exact reaction when this morning, on the way to work, the radio DJ reckoned that Britney Spears is still hot. I quote 'She still has it!' Really!! Has what?? I'm not a fan of hers, God forbid!, and I don't avidly follow her story but I don't think she still 'has it'. Her peak days is over, and now she's just a baby machine, K-Fed's white trash. Eventhough, she filed for a divorce from him, it doesn't really matter anymore. She ruined her reputation the minute she married him, so NO!! Miss DJ, she doesn't 'has it' anymore. I don't care who she slipped into the rest room with, be it Brandon Davis, NO!! she lost her 'has it' already. Okay, that was totally random...you didn't see that coming did you? Haha anyways..........
Had a conversation with Nur last night pasal my previous entry on my students. She asked me whether I was like them or not when I was in my studying days. Well, I was very naughty plang, no doubt about that but then I was serious when it comes to studying. Well, karma has its way of getting back at you, as my students are very very cheeky, and little times they do annoy me but then I still can take it. They made me smile once in a while and I don't mind that, honestly, I can take cheeky students as long as they want to learn. Awu ketulahan I know..gauk lagi masa belajar nah. God! I must have spell hell for my teachers. Hehe! So yeah, I do acknowledge these cheeky CHAAAIIIILD-REN as my karma.
However, there is another cluster of students who are just plain...how shall I say this...urmm lost?? They know they are weak, they know they don't understand any word your saying, they know that they need help and yet they never ask for it. Even worse, they never even take it when I offered my help. Furthermore, some students just doesn't take their study seriously, and it annoys me. Its frustrating really. I think, when one becomes an educator, he/she becomes a bit attached to the students, even though some can be plentiful of pain in the ass but, at the end of the day, its their life jua tu, and we always wanted to help them. And if we did everything, almost everything, to provide the knowledge to them, we can't do anything really if they are just weak or plain lazy, unless they have some initiation of their own. Right? I can't help them if they won't let me.
Thats the thing you see, an educator has to deal with both the humanistic and cognitive aspects of the students. I guess, no matter mad they drives me, it never beats the frustration of not being able to make them learn.
On an ending note, Man Utd qualified to the knock-out phase of the Champions League along with Barcelona. Wheeeeeeee!! Will be interesting to see who they'll play against at this stage. Ayte...
Everything that you thought was true became something else............
Thursday, December 07, 2006
A Little Portion of Karma
Classified in:
Outcries,
Soccer,
The Profession
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment