Slow learners are one of the reason my job worth doing. There is nothing more stirring than a student coming in with desperation on their face, eyes weary almost translucent with concealed tears seeking for your help. I don't mean to disrespect them at all and don't take it in a bad way. But to realise that I am partly responsible for their knowledge and for whatever they will do after this, I have no choice but more willing to offer my assistance. I remembered the first students' graduation ceremony I attended I was overwhelmed by a sense of triumph though I was new back then. Somehow being a part of a journey of someone's achievement I thought to myself, their accomplishment is my justification both career and as a person. Although sometimes I'm left frustrated and bitter, there are times when I don't want to do anything else but educate.
The morning dignified me.........
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Humble Obligation
Classified in:
The Profession
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment