Turned out I had a great weekend. Great not because of great things..ehy! but I enjoyed my weekend and it was fun. Why? Mainly because we had handball yesterday's afternoon. Hahaha! Sad! u might think! But I don't give a damn! Besides, I had fun hanging out with the usual duo on saturday night as well as sunday noon. Anyway, talking about this handball, a proper course of the game was held yesterday and it runs until tomorrow I think. Too bad we weren't involved as it is the sports' ministry programme. However, Umi did invite me and Mingster to come since the people who are conducting the course are our coaches. But malu eh! Hehehe!
The game session yesterday was more proper as we learn a few rules, so our first game back in Pusat Belia was handball hantam!! Turns out we can dribble as much as we want i.e. unlimited bounce but similar to basketball, we can only dribble once i.e. no doubles. The most exciting part of handball has to be the scoring goals...ermm did I mention this already? I think so..see I kept on emphasising the fun scoring part over and over again cos its just sooooo thrilling!!! There were only a few of us who can make it to yesterday's session and were forced to play the whole court with 4 people in each team. It was very very tiring besides the place was stuffy and hot. The dribbling part surely made the game a bit easier as we can move around and find more space as compare to if-we-can't-dribble-in handball cos it will be boring like netball...Hehehe!
Ohhh! I bought a hand-ball, the ball, for a frigging $35 and it was not even the right size. Its a size bigger and its actually the hand-ball for men. The sizes for men and women's hand-ball are different. I guess I can still se it to practice my grip and holding the ball for scoring. We still find it a bit difficult to grip the ball especially in the scoring part as we need a good grip of the ball so we can throw it harder. How I wish it was me bitten by a spider not Peter Parker. But all this things come with time...and more practice. Practice makes perfect...or permanent! Which ever comes first.
It was Gilbert, my post-graduate lecturer back in UBD, who argued about the statement 'Practice makes perfect'. He said that 'Practice makes permanent' is more appropriate. Why? Given that if one practice the wrong thing, it would be perfect but permanent. Like a playing the piano, one keep on practicing with the wrong key then its not ever going to be perfect. He has his point but I wouldn't say he is entirely true. I'm too lazy to delve deeper in this now so please excuse my lazy self and lemme talk about something else.
What ah?? Hmmm.... *looks at the increasing piles of students' assignments* Tskkkk! I have to go......
I believe in the power of imagination.............................
Monday, November 27, 2006
Sunday's Sundae
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment