The Lionesses adopted an attacking strategy for the final half of their league game on Sunday playing with 6 attacking players upfront as compared to only the usual two. The change in strategy didn't pay off as Belia took advantage of only 4 men defensive line and scored two more goals to make the final score 4 - 0. However, on the attacking perspective, the Lionesses played well pushing Belia's into defensive work and managed to penetrate through their defensive line but again they were denied goals and penalty corners by poor refereeing. Belia's counter attack proved deadly as they took advantage of the Lionesses' offensive strategy. So Belia took the 2nd place while the Lionesses would have to be happy with the bronze. My player(s) of the match has to be No.21 and No.15 hehehehe sharing is caring.
I pulled a muscle on my left sole during the game but the injury is just minor. It didn't affect my running but ironically it does affected the way I walk. Heh! So I'm walking kinda funny today hehe! And last evening right after the game I went home, took a shower and off I go again to meet Eyan and Lia before heading to Pusat Belia. I'm very proud to be one of the first people in Brunei to play HANDBALL!! BEAT THAT!! Handball @ Bola Baling is one of the game played in the Olympics and I've watched the game during the last Olympics. I wanted so much to learn how to play it, Mingster mentioned about it about few months back but we didn't really know how to start. Luckily, Umi was also interested to start the game in Brunei so to make the story short, Umi invited us to play handball last night and we had this guy who teaches us how to play a few of the rules as well. We spend the first hour being briefed and taught how to make passes and score goals. The scoring bit is the most fun part of handball I must say. The ball passes are similar to basketball where dribbling is permitted but only up to 3 dribbles. Anyways, will put few infos about the game maybe this afternoon or tomorrow. Back to the game last night, Mingster was so excited with the game that she decided no to go back early which she planned to..wonder how her lecture go this morning. Tehee! Some of the girls were really good with the passes as they play netball, they have this high, low, side passes etc where my passes are more like basketball one. The ball are smaller than netball, I think its a size one, but its damn harder. The base of my thumb is bruised and swollen and I don't like the sight of it. Its so black! Anyway, even with the swollen thumb I wanted to continue on playing so it was simply that fun!! I'm looking forward to the next session. If you interested you know where to find me....
You lose some, you win some.........
Monday, November 20, 2006
Lionesses Tamed
Classified in:
Handball,
Hockey,
Las Leonas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment