Monday, November 06, 2006

In Poppins-Land

It must be pure exhaustion dat causes my '6 hrs afternoon nap'. It was so intense and it felt good to have dat desperate sleepiness. Tho, little Afif woke me up sometimes in the early evening. He did so in d sweetest way, so I wasn't grumpy at all. He kissed me, climb on my facing side as I was sleeping sideways n hugged me. So it was impossible not to wake up and smell his coconut-ty hair. He insisted to watch Mary Poppins which I initially ignored til I heard him helping himself through my dvds to find d lady with d umbrella. So I dragged myself out of bed, plugged d tv and dvd player on and gave him d dvd. He has mastered d skill of taking d disk out of its cover, put it in d player and hit play. And I found myself back in d comfort of my sanctuary, under d blanket, occasionally awaken to Afif singing along the merry tunes. I must be asleep, again, when he left. Poor kid!

So here I am, awake and trying to find an explanation my long deep slumber. Yet, I couldn't understand why. I didn't stay up til late d night before. And I didn't do any tiring activities today. Well, teaching is, but still....... It must be like my sleep 'payday' after a long hard week. Yeah! Maybe dats it. I'll stay up for another hour or so before hitting d sack again.

Stay awake, don't nod and dream..........

No comments: